Monday, March 22, 2010

A New Year, A New Album

When I first started scrapbooking, I focused on documenting my nieces' lives. I was a chronological scrapper too. I couldn't scrap Christmas until I scrapped Thanksgiving and so on. But a few years ago, I switched gears. I started creating pages for myself. A novel idea, I know. I created pages that were a summary of each month and I continue to do that to this day. I also create other pages for myself, highlighting where I'm at now, what I'm up to, what I'm thinking about, what I'm enjoying, etc. I've also started creating pages for my faraway nephew and niece. I am still "behind" on scrapping for my nieces, but I try not to let that bother me too much.

So, with a new year, I have a new album to hold all the pages I make for myself. This year, I purchased an American Crafts binder album, with 12x12 page protectors and 12x12 protectors with 6-4x6 photo pockets. I find that in my previous albums I'm not able to include as many photos as I'd like.

Here's a look at the album and January and February pages. I don't choose a photo for the front until the end of the year.


Here's a look at the January spread. The layout is on the left hand side and the right hand side holds a selection of photos from the month.



Here's my page for February. I really like using an old typewriter for my journaling.


and a close up.

No comments: