Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Four Years Old

Well, that absence wasn't too long. I realized when I was going through my piles of post-it notes that I made a layout based on an Authentique color challenge, but I forgot to post about it. Oops. So, I'm taking a break from taking a break to show you what I made.

I love Authentique's papers. They are so, so pretty. And really great quality too. I hear they are selling 6x6 sheets of paper separately, which is an excellent idea.

Onto the challenge.

The color palette we needed to use is:















Here is my layout:
























When I saw this picture of my niece I knew it would be perfect for this challenge. Her dress has all the colors in it! I punched a bunch of circles from papers in the Blissful and Uncommon collections. I then layered them all to create this great base for the photo. Where to put the title and journaling was a bit tricky with this design, because I didn't want to disrupt the flow, so I added them to the sides, which I think worked out well. This is one of my favorite layouts in a long time. I love when what I am envisioning actually comes out on the page.





















Supplies:
Authentique| Uncommon and Blissful (paper), Diction (word fetti), Petite Type Circle (letter stickers), Tabloids (cardstock elements).
Studio Calico| Memoir (paper)

Thanks so much for stopping by. Now, back to getting healthy.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Holy smokes what a beautiful layout!!! I love the circles and the pic is perfect. Thanks for playing along!!

-Misty
Authentique Design Team

Tifany said...

Very cute!
Thanks for playing along in Authentique Paper's Color Challenge!

-Tifany
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/
{Authentique Paper DT Coordinator}

Vanessa said...

Oh, love this! And thank you so much for your sweet comment on the Echo Park blog! Vanessa x

Tammy said...

Great layout! I love the circles. the patterns go great with the photo! Hope you are feeling better.