Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ten on Tuesday




















1| I'm back from a couple of days on the North Shore. What a magical place. We spent a lot of time at Temperence State Park. We hiked the trails, skipped some rocks and strolled the shoreline while listening to the waves roll in. The colors on the leaves were amazing too. I dreaded leaving.

2| I'm healthy again! Thank goodness. Here's hoping that's the last time for a long time.

3| My birthday is tomorrow. I'm pretty much in denial. I usually love my birthday, but this year I'm not that excited. I usually create a list of things I'd like to do that year, but I'm not inspired to do that this year. I know, I'm Debbie Downer. I did ask for pumpkin bars with cream cheese as my "cake," and I'm definitely looking forward to that!

4| I ran the Twin Cities 5k on Saturday. We had a beautiful morning. While I didn't accomplish my goal of running the entire thing, I did finish with my best time yet. Go figure.

5| I "typed-talked" with my youngest niece. That's what she calls Skyping. Makes me smile every time I say it. It was really fun to talk with her and hear about what she's been up to. I wish we could do that more often.

6| So, Blockbuster went bankrupt. Now, I have no way to get movies. Thinking about getting Apple TV. Anyone else use it? Or how does everyone else watch movies?

7| I haven't been too impressed with the new TV season so far. The Good Wife and Parenthood haven't been as good as I think they can be. I thought last season, for both shows, was amazing. I am looking forward to Flashpoint coming to ion television. A channel I actually get.

8| I'm also looking forward to seeing Ides of March with George Clooney. Wow, the last three entries have been about movies and TV. I guess Fall is here. I'm ready to hibernate. Although, the weather is not cooperating. Today we were in the 80s. What?!

9| I treated myself to this bracelet. It was 40% off! Great deal! I never wear bracelets, but I'm loving this one. I love the jingle/jangle noise it makes. It's also so pretty, which makes me feel pretty too. Win, win!

10| I'm eager to get scrapping. I have tons of photos from my trip up north and from the 5k that I can't wait to use. Off I go...

No comments: