Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ten on Tuesday




















1| I had a wonderful time celebrating my birthday with my family. We had a picnic at the arboretum and then walked around the grounds. I requested two salads and pumpkin bars. All were super delicious. Even the leftovers were tasty. You can find the two salad recipes here and here.

2| I scrapped with a friend this weekend and finished up my North Shore mini-album. I'll be sharing tomorrow, so be sure to stop back.

3| I started reading Bossypants. I'm only a few pages in, but it is hilarious. Laughter is so good for the soul.

4| I'm looking forward to having lunch with a couple of friends this week. Friends are so good for the soul too.

5| I'm loving these pieces of art by Kal Barteski.

6| Every once in awhile, I get overwhelmed by all the paper and email that accumulates. Last night, I made a big dent in all of it. Feels good.

7| I got out my pumpkin scented candle, but I need to get some mini pumpkins and gourds. Oh, how I love October.

8| I'm checking out Stamping A to Z series at Two Peas. I'm not much of a stamper. Mostly on cards. Occasionally on a scrap page. I'm looking forward to some easy tips and tricks for bringing it into my projects more.

9| I asked for and received a set of 400 count sheets for my birthday. I can't wait to wash them up. There's nothing like brand new, freshly washed sheets. Simple pleasures.

10| "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. The only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs. Oh, man, I'm working really hard to make this a reality for myself.

No comments: