Friday, September 23, 2011

Fresh Face Designer | Echo Park

Hello Friday! I have a lunch meeting and this afternoon, my sister and I getting together to walk in the fall sunshine. Lovely. This weekend is jam packed with mostly volunteer stuff, but I'm sneaking a bit of other fun in there too.

Today, I'm sharing three projects I made with Echo Park products in the hopes that I am chosen as one of their fresh face designers. I love Echo Park. I've never come across a collection I didn't like.

First up is My Buds, Plus One.
























This page uses primarily Country Drive. I love the soft colors in this collection. They worked perfectly with this photo of me with my nieces and nephew at the park.

I used a bunch of stickers from the collection. Each of Echo Park's collections come with a 12x12 sticker sheet and it's always full of very versatile stickers. I first decided to frame the photo using the yellow postage stamp frame sticker. Secondly, I used several word stickers along the side of the photo to aid in my journaling. Lastly, I used the alpha stickers to create the title.

To add some interest, I added a strip of the Birds on the Wire paper. I love those birds. They're so cute. I made a bow with some orange twine. On the top, I created a tag with some of the paper and a corner rounder. I added an Elle's Studio tag atop of that. I placed several buttons randomly about the page to add some whimsy and finished it off with the journaling.

Supplies|
Paper| Echo Park Country Drive{Little Ladies and Bird on a Wire}
Stickers| Echo Park Country Drive
Buttons| Basic Grey
Tag| Elle's Studio Lil' Snippets Date
Twine| My Mind's Eye

The second page is A Glorious Place.
























I started this page by using mist to mask out six spots for photos and paper. I love using grids on my pages. I printed three photos and cut out three pieces of patterned papers slightly larger than the masked area to fill each of the spots.

Next, I cut a few strips of paper and tore the ends and added them to the paper and photos to mimic washi tape. I like how that turned out and it's much cheaper!

I created the title using stickers from the Country Drive collection. I also used a couple of stickers, (the pink banner and the scalloped tag) from the Dots and Stripes collection. I told you I loved their stickers. I use them on everything!

I punched a few butterflies, added an Elle's Studio tag, and typed up my journaling and called it done. I really love how this page turned out. I'm thinking about framing it.

Supplies|
Paper| Echo Park Country Drive{Petunia, Raspberry and Clover, Border Strip, Little Ladies, Sundress}
Stickers| Echo Park Country Drive and Dots and Stripes
Tag| Elle's Studio blank pennants

The third is a home decor project. I have a frame that I have by my bed that I change out quite frequently. I've been making these little tags for another project and I love them so much that I decided to make a few and put into this frame.





















































I used Victoria Gardens for this project. These papers are so, so pretty and perfect for this project. This was super simple to make. I used a tag from an office supply store, punched a small circle and butterfly and layered each piece together. I typed out several inspiring words on my typewriter and added a pearl brad as the finishing touch. I chose two element stickers from the collection to frame two of the corners. I am really happy with how this turned out.

Supplies|
Paper| Echo Park Victoria Gardens{Cheerful Words, Rose Garden, Garden Trellis, Windchime, Picket Fence, Delightful Doilies}
Stickers| Echo Park Victoria Gardens
Brads| American Crafts

If you made it through all of that, thank you so much! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and that you're able to do something creative.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Love the white space on your layouts and the mists on your second one! That paper in the frame is beautiful!

Pamela said...

Fantastic work! Love it all! Good luck! :)

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

these are all so great!

Johanna said...

Really really really like all three of your projects :)

Amy said...

Lovely! I like them all!!

Ursula Schneider said...

love all of these, specially that home dec. Good luck trying out!

Keshet said...

I love all of these! Hoping you get it!

Tammy said...

Awesome projects! Good luck with the contest! I love the Victoria Gardens line even though it's not my typical style. I love your frame. So simple but elegant and pretty. :)