Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

























1| I had a great time at Scrapfest. I took Amy Tan's class and made this very cute mini book. We bound it using crochet thread, which I've never done before. Worked brilliantly. Amy signed the back too. Very fun. I can't wait to fill it up.

2| Studio Calico was in the Archiver's workroom, demoing Mister Huey. They also brought along their new collections. Swoon. I picked up some Memoir paper and a few Mister Hueys. I went on a misting frenzy that night. Will share soon.

3| My niece and I braved the lines at the Scrapfest vendor booths. It has become a fun tradition for the two of us to do together. While the line waiting is not very much fun, catching up with what's going on with my niece definitely is. We ate lunch at Johnny Rocket's and talked about books and boys, which is a new topic, and movies, and music and we got crafty. Hanging out with her makes my heart full.

4| I'm regrouping. Big time. I'm still struggling to be in the present lately. But I'm figuring out what to do. It seems to be going around. I've read several blogs as of late of people who are going through difficult times and we're all dealing with it in brave and inspiring ways. I hope these difficult times pass for us very soon.

5| My niece got me hooked on a young adult series. The first book is called Shiver. It's very similar to the Twilight series, but only werewolves...so far anyway.

6| I'm going to check out New Girl tonight. I watched Up All Night and thought it was pretty funny. I realized I don't watch any comedies, so trying to remedy that.

7| As part of my regroup, I'm getting out all my favorite fall/winter recipes. Most of them are soups. I love a piping hot bowl of soup with crusty bread and a glass of wine. Hmm....tasty. I need to get back into nourishing myself by making healthy meals. I'd love to hear what your favorite fall meals are. Leave me a comment!

8| Is anyone else concerned that a huge defunct satellite is hurling itself at Earth and no one knows where it's going to land? Keep your eyes to the skies people.

9| I've been craving all things pumpkin lately. I want pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. I want pumpkin pancakes slathered in syrup and topped with blueberries. If I drank coffee, I'd want a pumpkin spice latte, but these cupcakes will do.

10| I'll leave you with this quote.
"And above all watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Ronald Dahl

No comments: