Friday, September 2, 2011

These Two

Today, I have a quick post to show you a page I did for Studio Calico's weekly challenge. Kelly Purkey challenged us to create a rainbow. Her page is one of my favorites from the gallery this month, so I was definitely in.

Here is my take.










































I cut strips of paper from the State Fair and Countryside collections and created a rainbow mat for the photo. Then I added a little tag with some twine and flair. I, of course, needed to include some Amy Tangerine and Elle's tags too. I sprinkled some mist for fun and added my journaling and I was done. This is one of my favorite pages in a long time. Thanks Kelly for the inspiration!

I am so looking forward to the long weekend. We're supposed to have beautiful weather here. Will definitely need to soak up the last few days of summer. The State Fair is first up, followed hopefully, by a visit to the arboretum.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

LOVE this. The paper strips are so fun! We are supposed to be getting a cold front to cool us off to the lower 80's. Woo Hoo! I can't wait. I'm ready to leave the upper 90's behind. :) Have a great weekend!

Elisa K said...

I love this... Love all your colors and strips... Great photo... Thanks for sharing.

JennyLilac said...

This layout looks great! I love everything about it - the composition, the colors and patterns, etc.! Into my Pinterest!

Tracy said...

What a sweet layout. I love you paper strip border for your photo.

Mary Jo said...

Really great take on the challenge! :)

Ursula Schneider said...

wow! What an awesome take on the sketch, I love that you made is roygbiv!