Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Power Of Now

I fell in love with the Authentique line when I first saw it. Gray and yellow is one of my favorite color combinations, so I especially love the Blissful collection. I picked up the 6x6 paper pad and went to town cutting up little strips of paper to create this layout.
























I love this photo of my Dad, so I enlarged it to 5x7. Since it's a favorite photo, I wanted to keep the focus on it, so I kept the rest of the page fairly simple.

Journaling| My dad is a big fan of Eckhart Tolle and his philosophy of the power of now. Even though I tease him about it, I totally agree. Life is fleeting. Soak in the now. Life will be richer for it. Also, I love this photo. A perfect example of enjoying the moment, enjoying the beauty. May 2011

I've been struggling with embracing this philosophy lately. I don't feel like I'm doing anything well right now. And I hate that feeling. I'm not sure if it's the changing of the seasons and so I'm feeling restless and a bit in mourning to see the warmth go. I do love fall, but winter is so close behind. It may be that another birthday is approaching and I'm just not where I want to be in life.

I want to love the now, but lately the daily grind of applying for jobs and worrying about money and worrying about making the wrong decision and missing an opportunity and missing my family and friends is wearing me down. I hope a trip up north to breathe in the wonderful Lake Superior air will get me out of this funk.

Until then, I will take a warm shower and do my best to make it a good day today.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love this color combination too. This is a beautiful layout! :)

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog the other day - your kind words mean a lot to me!