Wednesday, September 21, 2011

State Fair

At Scrapfest, I purchased a few Mister Hueys from Studio Calico. I've had fun misting on every project since then! The colors are really rich. I'm very happy with the quality.

On one of the projects, I decided to play along with the Elle's Studio sketch.

































































On the original sketch, I liked how Waleska used different patterned papers together and how she clustered several tags, so that's what I did too. I used several papers from the Studio Calico Memoir collection. I used a butterfly mask on the left side and journaled my favorite foods from the State Fair around the edges of the butterfly. I like how that turned out. 

Elle's Studio tags used {Handmade Layer Circle Tags, Vintage Month Strips, Date and Place Strips}

In an attempt to be more present in my everyday, I'm starting to write in a thankful journal again. Today I'm thankful for the moonlight shining through my bedroom window. I find comfort in it somehow. I hope you have a great Wednesday. 

3 comments:

Allison Waken said...

Love the journaling inside the misted butterflies!

Keshet said...

This is so cute! Love the misting!

Tammy said...

Love the misting and how you journaled into the the butterflies. That looks so cool! I love how deep and rich the mister huey colors are too. I only have a few, but a few more are on the list to buy ASAP! :)