Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Favorite Books List











I love to read. I'm fairly particular about what I read. A book snob, some may say. My sister and mom go to the library and pick books off the shelf that look interesting. For me, I need a recommendation, or I need to have already read something else by the author, or it needs to be a classic.

Today's list is all about books. My top 10 favorite books of fiction.

A small caveat. I didn't think long and hard about this list or do research of books I've read. These are the first ones that came to mind when I thought about what books I loved. I'm sure I could easily come up with a list of 50 or more. Maybe I'll add to the list at a later time. 

Top 10 Favorite Fictional Books (in no particular order)

1| The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
2| Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
3| My Antonia by Willa Cather
4| Peace Like A River by Leif Enger
5| The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
6| Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
7| The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
8| East of Eden by John Steinbeck
9| The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
10| Empire Falls by Richard Russo

What are some of your favorite books?

See other lists I've created here

No comments: