Monday, June 21, 2010

Busy Scrapping

The last few weeks I have been scrapping it up and finishing a lot of pages. I used to scrap chronologically, but the last few years, I've started scrapping based on the stories I want to tell. It feels so much better to do it this way than to do a page because there happens to be photos. I will eventually get "caught" up though too, because I'm also a type A personality and I can't not. Ha!

The first page is from my niece's fifth birthday. I love this photo of her blowing out her candles. She looks very determined to get all the candles in one blow.

I've tried making banners in the past, but never quite got it right, but I really like how this one turned out. The varying sized triangles turned out pretty cool. I also masked the title using mist, which was a first for me. I've never used a mask before, but it was fun, and I think I'll try it again.


and a few close-ups. I love that little bird, so cute.



Next up is a layout using the shadow picture I shared in a previous post. This is one of my favorite pictures of the summer so far. I had fun misting and being messy with ink. I don't normally use two different alphas on a page, but I've been trying that out more lately and I like the results. I'm trying to stretch my creativity and change up what is possible on a page.


and a close-up.


And the last layout for today is from a trip to the local arboretum. It's one of my favorite places. I also get great photos! I used a bunch of different collections on this one; American Crafts, Basic Grey, Jillibean Soup. Even though they were different manufacturers, I think it all looks good together. I especially like the cluster of journaling sprouts and the title.


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have been busy doing something fun too.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Hey Sara, Love the layouts! Especially the one of summer with your photo of shadows.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara,
These are so great! I like each of them but especially the birthday one! Very cute
Rachel