Thursday, June 24, 2010

American Crafts Challenge

This week's AC challenge is to use Detail embellishments. I honestly haven't used Details that often. I can't believe it either because they are really fun. They are full of layers of awesome detail (hence the name!) that add great depth to a page.

My layout this week is much different than my usual. I used paint! I took the eraser end of a pencil and dipped it into the paint and then just plopped it on the page. I love the fun splotches it made. I also didn't use a picture. When I decided what I wanted to do, I realized I didn't have a picture, so I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. A good reminder to keep the story at the forefront. That pictures are awesome, but not necessary to tell the story. And now I have a page about one of my favorite things. I have been enjoying shaking it up a bit and trying different things on my pages lately. Definitely recommended for those who are in a rut.


and a close-up.


Journaling reads:
One of my favorite things is to read a book in my overstuffed red chair while drinking a piping hot cup of green tea. I can't believe it took me until I was 32 years old to try tea for the first time. Now, there's no turning back. I'm a tea drinker for life.

What is one of your favorite things?

Products used:
American Crafts
Details; Pantry
Flair; My Home
Thickers and Thickers Accents; Vera, Flat, Tenant Phrases
MiniMarks; Dear Lizzy Pounce Phrases

Making Memories
Paint; Red Wagon and Daiquiri

Cosmo Cricket
Paper; Early Bird
Tiny Type

Basic Grey
Basic White 6x6 Paper Pad
Basic Trims

Happy Tape


No comments: