Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Every year my family gets together for a week at my parent's house to celebrate what we've deemed Rick Fest. It's named after my brother who we lost to a car accident. It's our way of celebrating his life and our love for him and our love for each other. It's the best week of the year. And this year was no different.

Here are 10 highlights.





















1| My niece and nephew performed a concert for us. They spent a lot of time practicing together and arranging the songs.  And they made programs too! I love their talent and creativity.



















2| My brother loved running, so this year we had a Rick Fest Fun Run. We went to the high school track and ran a 400m and a 100m relay. What a blast!



















3| Even though I always have the worst hands, I love playing 500.



















4| Playing tennis, as always, makes me happy. I redeemed myself this year and won every game against my brother.



















5| I enjoyed hearing about my nieces' and nephew's first fishing expedition. I loved the part about my niece's pink fishing pole reeling in the most fish.


6| Watching the cousins enjoy each other's company so much made me smile.



















7| Seeing how excited my niece was to have a pony cake for her birthday was well worth tracking down the right cake pan.

8| I am most at peace when we're all sleeping under the same roof.

9| I loved receiving hugs for no reason.




















10| I have the best family in the world. I am thankful for each of them everyday.

The time always goes by so, so quickly. I can't wait to be all together again.

I miss my brother terribly. I often feel him there with us during the week. Today would have been his 42nd birthday. I like to imagine him celebrating in heaven with my grandparents. Maybe playing a round or two of 500. Here's hoping he has a better hand. I love you Rick.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! Amen to the better hand for Rick! Love Rachel