Friday, August 5, 2011

My Favorite Quote

I didn't mean to be away for so long, but I was without Internet service for awhile this week. It's amazing how lost and off kilter I felt not being able to be connected. I finally went to a Starbucks to use their WiFi, so I could find out what the heck was going on in the world. Thankfully, I'm back in business.

Now onto the good stuff. When I saw this layout by Jenni Hufford when she was guest designer on the American Crafts blog, I knew I wanted to scraplift it. She rocked the Thickers. Such an amazing layout! I am a huge fan of Thickers, so this was right up my alley.
























I found out that most of my Thickers were without the letter E, so I had to use some other alphabets. I like the combination of smaller and larger fonts. I reserved the Thickers for the more meaningful words.

I chose to use my favorite quote by Eleanor Roosevelt. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." I really loved how it turned out. It's now prominently displayed in a shadowbox in my living room. 

The paper is all Jillibean Soup. The other alphabet stickers are October Afternoon, Echo Park, Jenni Bowlin and Cosmo Cricket. The tags are Jillibean Soup, Canvas Home Basics and Elle's Studio.

Thanks Jenni for the inspiration! And as always, thanks so much for stopping by, especially during these busy summer days. I hope to back to regular blogging next week. Have a lovely weekend. 

2 comments:

Jenni said...

oh i love this sara! aren't thickers the best??? looks great! xo

Tammy said...

I was totally inspired by that layout too. I love yours and the quote. The thickers and different fonts look awesome. I've been seeing so many really cool textual quotes and graphics on Pinterest. I need to take a cue and create a text layout too! :) Thanks for the inspiration.