Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Run, Baby, Run


















I ran the Twin Cities 5k, along with my sister and parents, on a beautiful, clear, crisp fall morning. I love this race. I love the camaraderie of this race. I love the anticipation as we wait to cross over the starting line. I love running along tree lined Summit Ave. I love catching sight of my sister, my Dad, and my Mom along the course, and throwing them a big wave. I love the last mile, running down hill, seeing the finish line (finally) in sight. I love hearing people cheer you on in the last 200 meters. I love the feeling of accomplishment as I cross over the finish line.


















I didn't train this year and my time was not impressive, but I still enjoyed every minute. I even enjoyed the stiffness in my legs for two days after. It was a reminder that I moved my body and it felt good. I will try and remember this good feeling when winter is in full force and the idea of exercising is the last thing on my mind.



































I'm already looking forward to next year.

No comments: