Monday, October 11, 2010

10.10.10


















Wow, sorry I disappeared all last week! Thankfully, it was all really fun stuff keeping me busy. I was celebrating my birthday and volunteering for the Jimmy Carter Habitat Work Project. I'll be sharing about both of these things, but today I'm going to recap yesterday, 10.10.10. It was a glorious day. Shake your head in awe kind of day. In the 80s. Record breaking weather for Minnesota in October. I was wearing flip flops for goodness sakes.

The day started with a trip to the Farmer's Market, which is just down the block from me. Because I'm part of a veggie share, I haven't been to the market very often and I miss it. There's so much wonderful produce. All the color and seductive smells. Yum. I picked up some radishes, green peppers, apples, a mum and a couple mini pumpkins.





















Next up, brunch at the Cheeky Monkey. Now, if you live anywhere near St. Paul, you must eat at the Cheeky Monkey. Really delicious food and a cozy atmosphere. All dishes are made with fresh, local produce. My niece got a book at the library about Chinese astrology. I learned that I'm a Yin Fire Snake. Really? A snake? Of all the choices, I had to be a snake. The characteristics didn't fit me very well either, but it was fun to read about it with M. We shared a lot of giggles.


































We ended the day with a Mississippi River Fall Colors Cruise. This was something I had asked to do for my birthday. We were supposed to go last weekend, but the flooding on the Mississippi made it impossible. It was worth the wait. What a lovely ride. The colors were a bit past peak, but the day was picture perfect. We enjoyed the beauty, listened to the history of the river, waved at passing speedboats, played tic-tac-toe and Hangman and inhaled several boxes of popcorn.




























The day wouldn't be complete without a jumping picture, or an attempt at one at least.

I'm so thankful for my family who helps me to fulfill my wishes. I know I sometimes have some crazy ideas.

And thanks to all of you for sticking with me during my absence.

What have you all been up to? Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.

I'm off to have a cup of tea and eat a cupcake. (Thanks Mom!)

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: