Friday, October 1, 2010

Hello October

Photo by Evgeni Dinev
I know Friday is usually reserved for Flashback Friday, but I've been having a hard time thinking of content for it, so today I'm trying something new.  I will sprinkle Flashback Friday in every once in awhile, but Fridays won't be reserved for that purpose.

So, October is here. Hallelujah! My favorite month.I love fall and October is true fall. The cooler, crisper weather. The sweaters. The hot chocolate. The changing leaves. Oh, the leaves. So beautiful. September is nice too, but I'm usually mourning the end of summer and not completely immersed in the changing season yet. The only downside to October? It passes by in a flash. In an attempt to enjoy my favorite month to the fullest, I've made plans. No surprise there, right?

I'm looking forward to:
*Running two 5ks
*Taking a Mississippi Fall Colors Cruise
*Going to a taping of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. 
*Volunteering at the Jimmy Carter Habitat Work Project
* Long, meandering walks through the crunchy leaves
*Going bowling
*Partying down with my nieces on Halloween
 and of course
*Celebrating my birthday!

What are your plans for October?

No comments: