Saturday, February 20, 2010

Special Saturday Edition

I'm here on Saturday because I said I would post some of the work I completed while having a scrappy evening with a good friend last weekend. One project I (finally) completed was my December Daily album. December Daily you ask? The idea of a December Daily album comes from Ali. You can read more about the concept here.

Christmas is my favorite holiday and I love the idea of documenting each day of the season and by documenting the days, I'm more deliberate about how I spend my time. I try to focus on what makes the season special and try to slow down and enjoy it all.

One of the key differences about this album is creating the pages prior to December, so that when the month arrives all you need to do is put in a picture, some memorabilia, a bit of journaling and you're done! Best laid plans. I finished the pages before, but I didn't finish the pages as I went. I just finished the album last week, but I'm totally ok with this.

I'm very happy with how it turned out! I did an album like this for the first time last year and I love going back and looking through it. I'll definitely do it again this year.

Here are a few pages from the album. I used primarily Making Memories and American Crafts Christmas collections.

Have a good weekend!


This year's book got pretty thick. I think next year I'll use a binder type album to provide more flexibility.


My parents and I saw "In the Heights." Awesome play!


Snapping a shot while driving through a snowstorm during rush hour. Fun times.


Headed home for a weekend, attended a friend's baby shower.


I'm not one of those people that likes to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. I tend to wait until we're well into December, but when I do, I don't listen to anything else. This page lists some of my favorites.


I like the little envelope that holds the journaling for this day.


Sledding! I was the designated picture taker. I wasn't interested in flinging myself off a steep icy hill. :)


This is a few of the things I'd like to do in 2010.

No comments: