Friday, February 26, 2010

Flashback Fridays


My first car, purchased by my parents. An Olds. I was a sophomore in college. I was so excited. At the time, I was dating someone who attended a different college, so this provided me with the freedom to visit him and to come home without my parents coming to get me. I felt so grown up and proud. My own car. Wow. What a big moment.


This was a good car to me, for the most part. But as time went on, it posed a major problem. Whenever there was a sizable rainstorm, the floorboards would flood. Good times. More times than I'd like to remember, my Dad and I were sucking the water out. Imagine the smell left from water collecting in a car.

Having this car opened up a whole new world for me. I could make my own decisions. I could visit my boyfriend in another state. I could run errands. My friends and I could go out, could travel to a nearby (big) city. I could visit my sister. This freedom was a gift and I'm thankful my parents gave it to me and trusted me with it.



No comments: