Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ten on Tuesday






















1| My nieces and I had a fun time at our sleepover. The tradition is to get Punch pizza (delicious) and then watch a movie. They always inhale their food, so inevitably they start the movie before I'm finished.  They chose Spirited Away. A slightly strange but neat film about a little girl who finds herself in a new, different world with spirits and monsters and she needs to find her way home. It won Best Animated Feature at the Oscars a couple of years ago.

2| Kal Barteski, a talented artist and blogger, recently launched a new project called Link with Love. The project stems from Kal finding out that one of her graphic art pieces was being sold without her knowledge. Instead of curling up in a ball of indecision and anger she started this awesome project to encourage all of us to remember how important it is to link back to the creator when we're on twitter, pinterest, tumblr, blogging, etc. Remember to give credit where credit is due. Respect the work of your fellow artists. I'm in full support of this idea. You can read more here.

3| Today marks the official start of summer. I'll be celebrating with an ice cream cone.

4| I finished reading Ann Patchett's new book, State of Wonder. Run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore or library and get it. It's excellent. It's been added to my top 10 favorite books.

5| I'm looking forward to having dinner with a couple of friends tonight. It's always fun to reconnect and enjoy a good meal. I had hoped we could eat on the patio, but the torrential downpour we're having today will probably get in the way.

6| I'm still experiencing some whiplash pain from the car accident I was in last week. It got better and now it's bad again. I really, really hope this doesn't turn chronic. I'm looking into exercises that might alleviate the pain.

7| I'd really like to see this exhibition at the Walker Art Center. I love that I live in a city that has such interesting things to see and do.

8| When I was in Archiver's this weekend I saw a beautiful new line of product called Authentique. I love the colors and patterns of all the lines. Great little alphas too. I'm a sucker for alphas. Their site isn't up yet, but you can see a few pictures here.

9| Ali posted about this site Dear Photograph. If you love photography, you should definitely check it out. It's a very cool site where people take a picture of a picture from the past in the present. My mind is spinning with ideas of what pictures I could use to do this.

10| Loving this quote:
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. 
Always remember you have within you the strength, the patience, 
and the passion to reach for the stars, to change the world.--Harriet Tubman

No comments: