Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ten on Tuesday
















1) I had a great time at the Allison McGhee event. So cool to listen to an author read from her work and to answer fun questions like what does your typical day look like. I finally got the nerve to ask her for a photo once I was bundled up and ready to leave.

2) I found my cooking mojo again. Yesterday, I made couscous, scallions, dried cranberries and feta for lunch. For dinner, I made black bean, green peppers and mushroom quesadillas. Delish.

3) I was on the highway yesterday and witnessed a car accident in my rearview mirror. So completely scary. A car moved into the left lane without looking and hit the side of a semi. I honestly don't know how I wasn't enveloped into the accident vortex.

4) I downloaded a trial of Photoshop Elements. Totally overwhelming. I need to carve out some serious time to play and figure it all out.

5) I'm excited for the 2nd Annual Day O' Fun with my niece. For her birthday gift from me she gets to choose a place to have lunch, an activity, and a book. Really love this idea.

6) Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday was yesterday. One of my favorite quotes of his is, "Everyone can be great because everyone can serve."

7) Last week was a roller coaster of emotions. I'm not a big fan of roller coasters. I imagine most of my weeks will be like this until I find a new job. I hope to get better at managing the ups and downs.

8) This weekend, I deep cleaned. Everything is in its place. Love it.

9) I'm starting a class this week. I'm nervous for the first day. I hate first days. I hate not knowing what to expect. It's been a long time since I've had a first day. Thanks to Amy, I'm reciting this mantra and it's helping. Breathe. Believe. Release. Receive.

10) On the top of my to do list this week: Buy some fresh flowers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

watch out for the hyacinth - very smelly:) Rachel