Wednesday, January 19, 2011

October 2010 Mini Album

Since October is my favorite month, I decided to do something a bit different to tell the story of the month. I made a mini-album with inspiration from Kelly Purkey. During the month, I saved everything, like menus, ticket stubs, brochures, etc. and I kept it all in a manila envelope. Having it all in one place makes it much easier to get started. I decided to use a 8 1/2 x 11 binder album from American Crafts.




















When possible I took my journaling directly from my blog, like for this page about running a 5k.






















I included different sizes and layers, like this photo adhered to a transparency, along with my number from the race. I used decorative tape to add a bit of journaling about the photo.





























I included a sheet of paper my brother made instructing me on how to get to the L and what stop to get off at it, etc.  because I was so nervous about it. He even made drawings! I know I'll love looking back on this years down the road.














I included a picture of my favorite pizza, along with the menu.














This is one of my favorite pages from the book. I used a tag to write the journaling and then I tucked it behind the photo. 












There are so many options on the size of album to use. You can easily do this in a smaller form. I might consider that the next time. There are also many options on what ephemera to include. I'm not the best at remembering to keep it, so this part was harder for me. This was a great way to capture more of the everyday that often gets missed on my other pages.

Pick your favorite month, a month you know you'll want to remember, or be completely random about it and then start collecting all the good stuff. This is definitely a project you'll be glad you tackled.

No comments: