Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Wow, it's been a week since I last posted. Unfortunately, it's because it's been a really tough week for me and yesterday was particularly difficult. I've intentionally not talked about my work on my blog and I won't get into it too much now either, but on Election Day, I lost my job. Just like that. Now, I'm looking for another, in this economy. A lot of emotions are running through me. The ones you'd expect; fear, shock, anger, sadness. The one that dominates is fear. Fear of the unknown. I'm not a person that thrives well in uncertainty and change.

So, in the spirit of the Thanksgiving season and to remind myself of the good in my life and to not let the fear win, today's Ten on Tuesday is all about what I'm thankful for right now.

1) I'm thankful for my support system, my family and close friends. I have people who I can talk to, who I can cry in front of, who lift me up and love me. I have people who will edit my resume. I have people who have offered a place to live, if all else fails. 

2) I'm thankful I got to see the movie Megamind with my sister, brother-in-law and nieces. I needed to laugh and escape for awhile. 

3) I'm thankful for the great weather. I've been able to soak up the last bits of warmth and stock up. 

4) I'm thankful that my nieces and I had a sleepover. It was perfect timing. We had fun just hanging out and being together. They both fell in love with my electric typewriter. We inhaled Punch pizza. We read and cuddled (very) early in the morning. They are the best reminder that I'll be ok. 

5) I'm thankful for hot tea. I've been enjoying the comfort it provides. 

6) I'm thankful for West Wing episodes. For some reason, I watch it when I'm feeling down and it always lifts me up. 

7) I'm thankful for scrapbooking. I have been processing what's been happening by cutting up paper and getting messy. It's very cathartic. 

8) I'm thankful for the opportunity to imagine my life in a different way. 

9) I'm thankful for warm baths with tons of bubbles. 

10) I'm thankful for this life and the potential for much happiness to come. 

No comments: