Monday, November 29, 2010

On The Nightstand















Here's what on my nightstand these days.

The Handmade Marketplace: How to Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally and Online by Kari Chapin: I'm contemplating my next steps professionally and thinking about taking my creativity to the next level and this book has been great in laying out all the steps you need to take. I love that there are numerous contributors sharing their personal experiences. Hearing how other's have started their creative businesses has been very helpful.

Mess: The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes by Keri Smith: I got this book for my birthday. It's a great book to stretch your creativity. I'm not someone who likes to make a mess. I always color inside the lines. But this book requires you to make a mess and to stop thinking so much. Just create.

The Good Fight by Walter Mondale: Getting this book is a good story. I volunteered at the Jimmy Carter Habitat Work Project in October and Mr. Mondale was there and we shook hands. A very cool moment. A couple days later my parents saw him speak and stayed afterwards to buy his book and have it autographed for me. Mr. Mondale wrote, "Thanks for helping Habitat." Also very cool. My parent's planned to give it to me as a Christmas gift, but since it's been a bit of a rough time for me lately, they gave it to me a bit early to brighten my spirits. This was such a wonderful surprise. It's Mr. Mondale's autobiography and I'm learning so much about Minnesota politics starting back in the 60s.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett: I haven't started this book yet, but I've heard wonderful things about it. My Mom said it's excellent and when I picked it up at the book store and was continuing to browse several people commented what a great book it is. Looking forward to getting into this one.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Highlights of mine coming later this week.

No comments: