Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Halloween Highlights

I'm a bit behind in posting about Halloween. Here are the highlights.

Thankfully, it was a beautiful, warm day. We enjoyed a very tasty brunch. I requested pumpkin pancakes that I saw on The Kitchen Sink Recipes. They were deeelicious. I hope they become a regular brunch item.

The girls drew the design they wanted on their pumpkins.





















D lined the driveway with scary (not cute!) ghosts she made out of white cardstock. (Aren't they cute, though?!)






















Then the guts came out of the pumpkins.






























Then the carving began.

















The girls then decided to make a haunted house upstairs. They took through groups of three at a time. My sister, brother-in-law and I went together. It was really well done. Random screaming, dark rooms with flashlight play on the walls. The best part was when we were led into a dark room and once we adjusted our eyes, we saw this scary body under the covers.
















We had delicious chili for dinner and then the girls got ready. M was a sorcerer and D was Alice in Wonderland. D's friend was the Cheshire Cat. Very cute. They came back with gobs and gobs of candy. A lot of full size candy bars! Because of D's allergy, she enjoyed some of her nut free candy and M tried Rolos for the first time and loved it. I snagged a box of Mike and Ike's and took home a bunch of the nut candy.



















I also got a picture of the girls with both sets of grandparents. I always wished I had this picture with my grandparents.
















I wish that we could have celebrated with my brother and his family too. My nephew was a ghost pirate and my youngest niece was the little mermaid. I saw both costumes when I was visiting them a few weeks ago. They both looked awesome in their costumes.

A very happy Halloween had by all.

No comments: