1) Brrrr......it's chilly and windy here today. I'm wearing this sweater, although in green. I got it this weekend, just in the nick of time.
2) I love that fall is on its way, but I'm not very fond of the shorter days. It was dark by 8 p.m. last night. Ugh.
3) I went to the State Fair last Friday. It was also a really chilly and windy day. We spent a lot of time in the buildings. I really enjoyed the winemakers area in the Horticultural building. We taste tested several wines and had ice cream infused with red wine. Yum. I also had fish tacos and french fries.
4) I finished Little Bee. It certainly was a quick read, but I'm still mulling it over. I'm not sure if I liked it or not. Anyone else read it?
5) I saw Toy Story 3 in 3D with my nieces and sister. What a delightful movie.
6) I've been watching the U.S. Open. The best match I've seen so far was Wozniacki vs. Sharapova. I don't have cable, so I've only been able to watch the few matches they show on CBS. I wouldn't mind if CBS just played tennis the entire two weeks.
7) I've been chosen as one of the volunteers for this. I'm beyond excited!
8) I signed up for the Twin Cities 5K again. I need to get my butt in gear or I'll be walking more than running this year.
9) I'm looking forward to happy hour tonight. We're trying out a new spot near to where I live. I'll let you know if it's a keeper.
10) I'm wishing my nieces a wonderful first day of school today. We celebrated last night with roast dinner and a brownie, cookie and ice cream dessert. A perfect way to toast to a new year.