Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Summer Favorites























This week's American Crafts challenge is to create a layout about yourself. When I first started scrapbooking, it didn't even occur to me to scrap about myself. It wasn't until a few years ago that I realized that my story is just as important as my other family members. I came to this conclusion with the help and inspiration of Ali Edwards.

Since we're heading into fall I thought it would be fun to create a layout that recaps what I loved about this summer. I was channeling Jennifer Johner when I made this layout. I think her style is so pretty. She uses bits of everything here and there so beautifully and I love her free flowing handwriting.

Here are a couple close ups. I had fun putting together the title, using several different fonts. And I think that little yellow bird in the second photo is so darn cute.


































Journaling reads: Sitting on a patio enjoying a cold drink. Walks around the lake. Playing tennis on a clay court. Fresh veggies; the cucumbers, the green beans, the tomatoes, oh my! Water fights. Fresh flowers. Canoeing. Celebrating. "Knight and Day." Gooseberry Falls. Reading The Book Thief and the Steig Larsson series. Outdoor movies. Making a pillow. Navy Pier. Lots of picture taking and creating. Now, onto Fall...

What are some of your favorites from summer?

Product used: 
American Crafts
Paper: Dear Lizzy Enchanted, Dear Lizzy Spring and Blue Skies Collections
Thickers: Dear Lizzy Bliss and Berry
MiniMarks: Dear Lizzy Perch Accents rub-on
Flair: Blue Skies Relax
Premium Ribbon: Butter

Jenni Bowlin
Yellow Vellum Butterflies

Echo Park
Life is Good alpha stickers

No comments: