Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday


















1| D and I had a fun day hanging out together. We hit the bowling alley. Jamming to the music, while knocking down the pins. We enjoyed lunch and conversation at Punch pizza. Then we went to Barnes and Noble and picked up a new 39 Clues book. She recently went through a period where she called me the paparazzi, but she was all for picture taking this time and even took a few herself. Thanks, D! There were several moments during the day that I was so grateful to be where I was. Enjoying my awesome niece's company. I treasure days like this.

2| I'm a little behind the curve. I just saw a preview for the newest Mission Impossible movie out this December. I'm trying to contain my excitement! I love these movies. It's definitely on the must do list this holiday season. That's typical, right? A little Tom Cruise, car chases, intrigue, are the perfect ingredients for making the holiday cheery and bright.

3| I just finished On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford. I loved this book. An inspiring read, involving young love, war, and family loyalty and honor. I rushed through it because I needed to know how it was going to end.

4| Next up, #2 in the Hunger Games series. I don't plan to get a lot of sleep tonight.

5| With the package of holiday tags from Elle's Studio arriving yesterday and this inspiring post of December Daily ideas, by Ali Edwards, I'm all set to get started on my album. Probably will have to wait until after Thanksgiving though. Cutting it close this year!

6| We had our first snowfall of the season. Just a few inches. Thankfully, we'll be back in the 50s by the end of the week and it will be long gone. I accept snow in December and January and even February. But not November. And definitely not March.

7| I'm getting together with two lovely friends this evening. I'm looking forward to sipping on a glass of Pinot, while catching up on what's been happening with them. I might consume a cheese plate too. These outings are too few and far between.

8| I struggle sometimes to stay positive during this time of unemployment. There are definitely good days. But to be rejected over and over is incredibly difficult. It takes an emotional toll. My singular prayer. My one wish to Santa. To find a job where I can do meaningful work.

9| I'm loving this home decor idea. I have a budding collection of Bell jars that this would work perfectly with.

10| I'm pretty much over the moon excited for the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm excited to be all cozied up under the same roof with my family. It's the best. I'll post tomorrow, but then I'll be off enjoying the rest of the week.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Sound like a great day with your niece and I've got On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet on my list to read. I really hope you find that perfect job soon! I know how hard it is out there. So many times I'd send a resume thinking I'm the answer to their problems and I would never hear a thing. The to go for interviews only to find out they picked someone else. Ugh. Sending you lot's of powerful, positive job finding thoughts! :) Enjoy your holiday!

Sara said...

Tammy: Thanks so much for your words of encouragement! That's very nice of you!