Friday, November 18, 2011

Sisters Rule

Each month Sketchy Thursdays has a challenge to choose a Guest Designer. The December spot is up for grabs, so I thought I would put my hat in the ring. The challenge is to use the sketch and create a page that reflects gratitude or thankfulness. 














































I decided to make a page about how awesome sisters are. I don't think I've ever made a page about this, so it's about dang time. My sister is hugely important to me. I am a better person because of her. She has been an amazing source of support through what has been a difficult year. Well, all of my life actually. She is someone I am very thankful for everyday. I also love watching my nieces' relationship grow and get stronger. I'm so glad they have each other. I hope they remain close all of their lives. It's a great gift having a sister to share life with. 

I used a bunch of October Afternoon Sidewalk goodies on this page. I'm loving the Little Flyers and Flower Sack. I also can't seem to make a page without misting lately. Love the pop of color that it adds. 




































I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm going to try and find time to participate in the Two Peas Online Crop. They always have fun chats, challenges and prizes. Since snow is in the forecast, it might be a perfect weekend to stay in and get crafty. Thanks for stopping by! 

7 comments:

Kasia said...

So cute take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Tammy said...

Love this! The colors are so bright and I love the misting. I picked up a Flower Sack package, can't wait to dig in and use them. Your embellishments turned out great. Sounds like you are all very lucky to have each other! Great page. :)

Laurie said...

Love the spray ink - great layout

Pamela said...

This is fantastic! I love it!! :)

Erin Bassett said...

Great layout! Love the spray ink!!

Keshet said...

Love this layout--what a sweet tribute to your sister. Rooting for you at ST!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeee the photos, the masking and the twine! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)