Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesday




















1| My family and I had a fun time at the History Center. They have a 1968 exhibit on display now. It's full of old typewriters (love!), a voting booth with the hand crank, beanbags galore, old TVs that sit on the floor (imagine!), princess phones and a restored Huey helicopter. The span of the rotors was amazing. When I was taking this picture, I said do something silly. My oldest niece was not going to play along. It's almost harder to get a good picture of her now that she's older, than it was when she was a toddler running around.

2| I've been eating way too much chocolate lately. Since my niece is allergic to peanuts, I so kindly took her Halloween candy. (Don't worry, her parents get her peanut free candy to enjoy). I've been devouring every piece since. I'd like to think I'll be sensible during the holidays, but let's be serious, I'll move from Butterfingers to pumpkin pie to candy cane cookies. Oh, so tasty.

3| I love this adorable little book that Amy Tan created for Hambly. Adding it to the project list.

4| I read the first book in the Hunger Games series. I stayed up until the wee hours to finish it. It's highly disturbing. But I couldn't put it down. I can't wait to read the next one. I worry about what this says about me. Have others read it?

5| I finished the place cards for Thanksgiving. A lot of Mr. Huey was used. I'll be sharing soon!

6| I won one of Elle's Studio sketch contests and they graciously gave me a $5 gift certificate. I ordered some of their holiday tags for my December Daily and am waiting patiently for their arrival.

7| I haven't been sleeping well lately. My stress in my waking life is hindering my sleep life. I often will get up and watch TV. PBS cooking shows eventually lull me back to sleep.

8| I am thoroughly enjoying Parenthood again this season. It's such a sweet show. I cry pretty much every episode, but it's definitely a good cry. Maybe this will balance out my enjoying the Hunger Games.

9| We're in the middle of November and still no snow here yet. Last year, we had 8 inches already. So, so thankful that it hasn't made an appearance yet. I'm hoping that it holds off until after Thanksgiving, so my family can travel safely.

10| "Let your faith be bigger than your fear." I'm holding onto this a lot lately. (I found this on Pinterest, but couldn't find an original source.)

No comments: