Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Best PJs Of All

Today, I'm sharing my take on this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch. I keep saying it, but it's true. I'm loving these sketches! 
























Here's the sketch:
























A couple of close-ups. 




































I stayed fairly close to the original sketch, but I chose to use only two photos instead of four. I've had these photos in my pile for awhile now, and this sketch inspired me to finally scrap them. What I liked about this sketch was the layering of the paper along the side. I kept that and liked it so much that I also repeated it below the photos too. 

The page is about my Mom making pajamas for her grandkids for Christmas. She's been doing this since 2007. I think it's the coolest thing ever and the kids agree! These are wonderful gifts they will treasure forever. These pajamas are made with so much love. You can't help but sleep well wearing them. 

Looking at these pictures, I'm starting to get excited for Christmas. All the special time with family. All the delicious food. All the fun games played. All the wonderful memories shared. I can't wait. I admit though, it's still too early for Christmas music. At least for me. 

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Suzy Nurmainy said...

Adorable! love the title, photos and the colors you choose for this lo! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeee this!!! ADORABLE photos and loving the papers you used! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)