Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ten on Tuesday
















1| I wouldn't call myself a baker, but I had some ripe bananas, so I made a batch of banana oatmeal cookies. They are definitely not as good as my Mom's, but they are rather good. And since they have bananas, oatmeal and whole wheat flour, I've convinced myself they are healthy too. Three in one sitting isn't too many, right?

2| Last week's Dancing with the Stars was a debacle. The couple I chose for the ultimate winner was voted off. I was shocked. I thought Sugar Ray was entertaining and he had skills. I hate losing a bet. Like last week, I'm sticking with Kendra for losing this week.

3| I have several First Communions to attend in the next few weeks, so I bought a pretty spring dress to wear. If you know me, you know I rarely wear a dress, so it was fun to find one I really liked. When I tried it on, I said, aw, this one is really cute. So I knew it was the one. I tried to find it online to link up to, but came up short. I will share pictures after the event.

4| One of the best (free!) inventions: Skype. I'm able to keep in touch with my brother and his family like I wouldn't be able to without it. My nephew just had a birthday, so I Skyped with him. We pretty much spent the entire time making funny faces at each other. I enjoyed every minute.

5| Elise linked to this on her blog and I thought it was hilarious. Check it out. The entire store has clever cards that will make you smile.

6| I'm looking forward to spending Easter with family this weekend. I see egg hunts, 4 square, and a delicious meal. It's been awhile since we've seen each other. Too long.

7| I really want to see Water for Elephants. I loved the book, so I'm hoping they capture the beauty of the book. But I'm realistic too. It's not often that a book translates well into a movie.

8| I spent a couple of hours last week at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts with my parents. My Dad has an old photograph that had been damaged and we met with someone who restores old photographs and art pieces. It was really cool to talk to her about her process and to see her work space. After the meeting, we had a tasty lunch and perused the other collections. I love looking at the photography and the Impressionists.

9| Parenthood's season finale is tonight already. Will miss this show while on summer hiatus. I can't  believe it's already time for season finales. Time is just flying by. I'm having a hard time keeping up.

10| While listening to the radio the other day, Eternal Flame came on. I was immediately transported back 20+ years to my front yard. My bffs and I were choreographing a dance to this song that we later performed for our parents. Good times.

2 comments:

Just Jaime said...

1. The cookie sounds good. Healthy enough, right =)
7. I want to see Water for Elephants too. Reese Witherspoon isn't who I was imagining as the lead, but it could work.
8. That exhibit sounds really cool.
10. Isn't it fun when songs can take you back?

Sara said...

Jaime, I totally agree about Reese Witherspoon. I find that what is in my imagination never matches what they put on screen! :)