Monday, July 12, 2010

Over Halfway

For the last few years on my birthday, I have made a list of big and small goals that I'd like to accomplish for that year of my life. I have a list of 32 this year, and I'm over the halfway mark in the time I have left. My first blog post was all about it. I thought this would be a good time to check in to see how much I've done and how much I have left.

The stats:
I have only completed 10 of the 32. Eek.
Four are a definite no. Travel to Memphis to visit a friend. She no longer lives there.
Three are in the works. Go to a movie outside. I've researched and found a place rather close to where I live.

Here are a few I've accomplished.

#11. Start a blog. I started it on January 1 and am still going strong. This is my 89th post.

#8. Plant a tree in memory of my brother Rick. This was taken in November. When I was home this weekend, I meant to take another picture. I will do that in August when I'm back again.

#15. Go to a Broadway Play. I saw in In the Heights. Excellent play.


#18. Buy an instant camera. I have been coveting this camera for awhile and I finally bit the bullet and got it. Here are a couple of the first shots I took with it. It's taking a bit to get used to, as what you see in the viewfinder is not what comes out on the film. Makes it interesting for sure.


#20. Make a pillow. This wasn't on the original list, but I'm the executer of the list, so I figure I can change it if I want. More on this one later this week.

#27. Join a CSA. The verdict is still out on whether I'd do this again. There are definite positives, but also a few unexpected downsides. I'll reevaluate after we've gone through a full growing season.


I'll check in again closer to my birthday and hopefully I'll be closer to finishing all of them or at least a handful more. Here's to making lists and crossing things off. Does anyone else have a birthday to do list or a new year's list? How is it going for you?

1 comment:

Rae said...

I think it is a great idea! I make lists daily but it is always things that need to be done. It would be good to make some long term goals.
Good idea Sara!