Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Birthday Questions














I'm back with Day 3 of Stamping & Misting Week. See Day 1 and 2 here.

Today, I'm sharing another project using the mist and masking technique, but I'm using several different mist colors on the same page.

1. I started with the butterfly masks from Studio Calico. Aren't they cool?! I used Candy Apple Red Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels and Heirloom Blue and Calico Shine Mister Huey's from Studio Calico. I misted the red first and the blue next. I followed that with the Calico Shine.

I added a few paint splatters by unscrewing the top of the mist bottle and using the wand to flick the paint across the paper. I kept the mist primarily to the one side because I knew the other side will hold the photo and journaling.

I put the page inside a box to keep the mist off my carpet, so I spray pretty close to the paper. Spraying from a larger distance may give you a different look.



















2. I added the photo and printed the journaling from my computer. I asked my niece to answer a bunch of questions. I create layouts like this every once in awhile to get a snapshot into people's favorites and how they spend their time.






















3. Next, I added the patterned paper behind the journaling and I used my circle punch to make a few circles to add as a border along the bottom.
























4. I then added two Elle's Studio tags and several brads to the centers of the butterflies. I spent quite a bit of time trying to decide which brad to use where. It's interesting the things I get stuck on. I realized when I was writing this post, that I didn't have a title. Oops. I may add one, I may not. We'll see.










































This page came together quickly. Once I had the masking on one side and the big journaling block on the other, it didn't leave a lot of room for variation.

If you've never tried misting, I would totally recommend trying it out. I was hesitant at first, but once I played around with it a couple of times, and watched a couple of videos, I was hooked. I was worried that it would be messy too, but using the box works brilliantly. The sides of the box catch it all! I love the finished look too.

Thanks for stopping by for Day 3 of Stamping and Misting Week. I'll be back with one more stamping technique. Happy February!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the brads in the center of the butterflies and the paint splatter parts:) Rachel

Tammy said...

Another awesome page. I think it's totally fine without the title. I love the variations and contrast in the mist colors you used. I have looked at these masks but you may have convinced me to pick them up the next time I have a big enough order. I use a box for my misting too and it works perfectly! :) Great tip!