Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1| No picture to post today. I haven't been taking any pictures lately. When I leave for work and return home in the dark, it's hard to get good photos. Even though this winter has been pretty fantastic, I'm ready for longer, lighter days.

2| My niece is 13 years old today. Mind boggling. She is such a fantastic person. I can't wait to celebrate. I'd like to do something special to commemorate this year. Any ideas?

3| I saw Extremely Loud, Incredibly Close. There were a lot of tears, but I thought it was a beautiful film.  I'm so pleased the grandfather, Max von Sydow, has been nominated for a supporting actor Oscar.  He was terrific.

4| I was reading an article recently about sugar and how much is appropriate to ingest daily. I read that it's best to eat cereals with no more than 8 grams of sugar per serving. I immediately went to my cereals and was shocked to find only one had less than 8 grams. I thought I was being very careful about getting healthy cereals by looking at the ingredients, etc., but not so. Will need to be even more mindful of what I'm buying. Back to the basic.....Cherrios and Shredded Wheat.

5| Josh Ritter has a new CD coming out next week. Hip, hip. You can listen to one of the new tracks here.

6| My email inbox has been out of control, so I finally sat down and unsubscribed to a bunch of stuff. My sanity thanks me. 

7| I thought Adele's performance on the Grammy's was awesome. Glad she's back!

8| I love, love this idea

9| I bid on two silent auction items thinking I'd be happy to get one. I ended up with both. Oops. Need to be more strategic next time! I'll be touring here and eating here

10| I'm off to write letters to my niece and nephew. Best idea of 2012 so far. 

No comments: