Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Winter in MN














Welcome back to Stamping & Misting Week. I hope you enjoyed Day 1. If you're here for the first time, you can see Day 1 here.

Today, I'm sharing how I made a background pattern using stamps.

1. I knew I wanted to make a page about how we've had an unusually warm winter this year. I've been pretty happy about this fact, so I decided to stamp "happy winter," over the entire page. I didn't worry about lining it up perfectly. I was ok with it being a bit messy. I knew a bunch of it would be covered up with other product too.



















2. Next, I added my photo and a few handmade embellishments. Tammy inspired me to make these. I took out three different circle punches and layered them on top of each other. I added a button to the center of each.





















3. I made another embellishment and decided I wanted them all closer to the photo. I wanted to draw people's eyes inward to the photo. I added a title, which bumped the tag down. I enjoy using different fonts in my titles.



















4. I needed a place to journal. I went back and forth about writing directly on the background, using a typewriter or a tag of some kind. I decided to go with the tag, because I'm a sucker for tags.



















5. I added the journaling and called it done. When I journal, I typically just start writing and stop when I run out of room. I think that comes from a lot of practice and knowing how much space my handwriting takes up.








































I will definitely be using this technique again. I like having this unique background and it was fun to try something new.

When I scrap, I typically get started and work on it for awhile and then I'll step away from it, enjoy a cup of tea or fold some laundry, and then I'll come back. I don't often finish a page in one sitting. But once I decide it's good, I don't mess with it again. I just move onto the next...

What about you? What is your process?

Be sure to stop back tomorrow. I'll be sharing another misting project.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love how you made your own background. I really want to try that. Being from MN I really appreciate your photo. I need to get out this week and take a picture of our amazing winter. I love your misting projects. I've went back and forth on buying mists but you gave me some great ideas. I might have to try it out.