Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Silly | Elle's Studio Sketch

Sketch Thursday is back on the Elle's Studio blog and I'm back today to share my take on the sketch.

Here is the sketch:
























Here is my take:
























I love this photo of me and my niece and nephew. Makes me smile every time I look at it. I wanted to highlight the photo, so this sketch was perfect.

This page came together fairly quickly. The two strips of paper were cut like that already, so that felt good to use up. Then I took a few Elle's Studio tags and Amy Tangerine cardstock shapes and arranged them all until I was happy. I added a bit of mist splatter to tone down the white space a bit.

When I saw the little people in Amy's collection, I knew I had to use it. I had it right side up and in the corner most of the time, and then a light bulb went off, and I made it mimic the photo instead. I definitely like it better now.





































Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that the little people are also upside down! Rachel

waleska said...

oh, my! how fun and clever is this?! love it :)

Keshet said...

Love your take on the sketch! The splatters are so fun!

Christine Zani said...

I really like this one - super cute! I love seeing how people approach different sketches - and what a great pic!