Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ten on Tuesday




















1| This is me. In January. In Minnesota. It's green for goodness sakes. I'm not wearing a coat. Very strange indeed. I hope we don't get payback with snow in May.

2| I'm loving Ali's newsletter, 52 Creative Lifts. Each week, she will reflect on a different aspect of creativity, give us a different way of thinking about it, push us to explore our own processes and make positive changes. I love that it will be in my inbox every week. If you're interested, you can sign up here. It's free!

3| Project Life is everywhere! I think I missed a memo or something. Tons of people are beginning the project this year. Becky Higgins is the brain child behind the project and you can read more about it on her site. Basically, it's documenting your life on a weekly basis, (at least that's how most people do it). I'm not someone who is usually overwhelmed by scrap projects/ideas, but this one definitely is for me. I can't imagine documenting each week. For the last few years and my plan for this year, is to document my months in overview pages. I suppose I can use the Project Life products to do that. We'll see.

4| I saw Mission Impossible during the holiday hustle and bustle. A fun, action packed flick. Tom Cruise looks really nice in a suit too. Really nice.

5| Since starting a new job, I need to build up my vacation days, so I won't be able to see my brother and his family for awhile. I was trying to think of ways to stay connected, and I decided to start pen paling with my niece and nephew. I'm really excited about this idea! I'm starting small and hope to exchange one letter/drawing once a month.

6| Ok, I'll admit it, but don't judge me too harshly. I'm watching The Bachelor. I can't say why, because it's so ridiculous, but I'm watching it.

7|  I love this mini by Liz Kartchner. A snapshot at the beginning of the year. Goals set. Something to refer to throughout the year. A great idea. Check it out! Also, did you see her new collection! Swoon.

8| My work is bringing new challenges and experiences; traveling to conferences, facilitating a panel, presenting to a Board of Directors, teaching a class. Oh my! I'm totally scared, but excited too. It's about time I challenge myself to do more professionally, to stretch myself.

9|  I'm trying this recipe tonight. I just bought quinoa and made one dish so far, and I'm hooked. Yum, yum.

10| I've been finishing up a bunch of projects. I'll be back tomorrow with a page using the Elle's Studio sketch and on Friday, I'll be sharing my (finally) finished December Daily pages. Come on back!

No comments: