Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1) Another 15 inches of fresh snow. I was snowed in for 2 days. Deep sigh. 

2) My sister and I had an excellent time at the Josh Ritter concert. Josh is an amazing performer. He has an infectious smile, incredible energy and a great sense of humor. Not a huge fan of the venue though. Hopefully, when he returns he performs somewhere with chairs.

3) I saw The King's Speech. I think Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush should win every award they've been nominated for. This is the best film I've seen in a long time. Convincing, powerful performances by both actors. A must see.

4) I finally finished a home mini-album that I've had on my list for over a year. I'll be sharing tomorrow.

5) I'm looking forward to my Day of Fun with M and a couple happy hours with friends this week. 

6) I've been in a funk lately. The weather certainly doesn't help. I so wish I could travel somewhere. I want to be somewhere else for awhile. Get some perspective. Rejuvenate.  

7) I found a simple hummus recipe in Real Simple and have been making it at least once a week. I love it with cauliflower and carrots. 

Here's the recipe. 
1 can of chickpeas | 2 tablespoons of lemon juice | 1 clove of garlic | 1/4 cup of olive oil | 1 teaspoon of cumin | 1/4 teaspoon of paprika | 2 tablespoons sesame seed paste (optional) | Put everything in a food processor or blender and enjoy!

8) I'm missing my brother and his family. I haven't seen them since Thanksgiving. Since my schedule is flexible these days, I hope to visit them next month. 

9) I think this bag is so cute. The woman who makes the bag is from Minneapolis too. So cool. Once I have disposable income again, I will definitely purchase one. 

10) I keep reminding myself of this quote by Eleanor Roosevelt (one of my all time favorites), "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Have a great Tuesday. 

No comments: