Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1) I learned how to play Cribbage. What a fun game! My sister creamed me every time though. So I'm determined to get better at it.

2) I gained about 10 pounds at a Super Bowl party. There was cheese, (I was in Wisconsin), chips and french onion dip, sub sandwiches, pizza, cake and cookies. So very good though. I'll have to add a few more workouts this week.

3) I love cooking shows, but since I don't have cable, what I can see is limited. I wish I had the Food Network! My favorites on PBS are America's Test Kitchen and Everyday Food.

4) One of my goals for the year is to continue to reduce my impact. I'm doing really well when it comes to buying material things, but I'm having difficulty still in reducing the amount of food waste/packaging. More on this in a separate post.

5) I said in a previous Ten on Tuesday that I was hooked on a new show, V. That didn't last very long. A couple more episodes and I was done. Too ridiculous for me. But I have been enjoying The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick.

6) Girl Scout cookies are here! I snatched up a box of Samoas. They won't last the week. See #2 above. I'm basically working out all the time now.

7) I'm looking forward to celebrating my niece's birthday this weekend. She's almost an official teenager. Thankfully, she still thinks I'm cool. I think.

8) We got our week together as a family on our calendars. Yay! Can't wait. It's the best week of the year.

9) I know yellow isn't my best color, but I love this shirt. It reminds me of Spring!

10) Last week was a bit rough. I'm hoping this week is better and brighter.

No comments: