Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Round Lake, October 2010


















1) I enjoyed a beautiful Saturday with my nieces; playing hide n' seek chase with D. She's fast! And playing Connect 4 and Mancala with M. I had to tear her away from texting.

2) A very good friend of mine had her second baby about two months ago. I've been going over there almost every week, bringing dinner and trying to help out as much as I can. Although this week, she made dinner and it was delicious! I've so enjoyed spending time with her and the kids. We haven't spent this much time together since high school. Very cool!

3) My farm share is over. Thank goodness. Don't get me wrong. I loved supporting local farms and the fresh veggies were awesome, but it was so much work and the quantities were always difficult to split with my sister. I think I will stick with the Farmer's Market right down the street.

4) I finished The Ape House. A definite page turner. An interesting topic. I liked Water for Elephants better.

5) While I have enjoyed this unseasonably warm weather, I'm really ready for the more typical fall weather to kick in. I'm ready to wear socks and sweaters.

6) I need to get going on my December Daily for this year. You can check out my album from 2009 here.  You can read about the concept on Ali's blog here.  I'm really liking Ali's book this year; full of very cool transparencies. I gotta get my hands on some of those.

7) I'm running another 5k on Sunday. I NEED to setup my ipod. I don't know why this has been so difficult for me to finish?!

8) I'm loving Glee and Parenthood this season.

9) Can it be true it's only 10 weeks until Christmas? Eee gads!

10) I tried the veggie Boca burger and surprisingly, it was quite tasty. I paired it with some fried potatoes and wallah! a quick, tasty dinner.

No comments: