Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Four Simple Goals

I'm joining many of my favorite bloggers in stating my four simple goals for the rest of 2010. The idea came originally from Elsie.  I love this idea. We're entering a new month, a new season. The perfect time, I say. I love the feeling of a fresh start and I love goals and lists, so this is right up my alley. I also love that she focuses on goals that will make your life richer and happier. So, without further ado, my four simple goals. 

1) START (AGAIN) A GRATITUDE JOURNAL: I had this goal as part of my 32 things to do during my 32nd year, but I haven't been good about it at all. When reading through my past journals, I came across several gratitude journals I did several years ago and it was so great to read through them and see what was important to me then. I also appreciate the practice of being reflective. It gives me perspective and reminds me of my many blessings. 

2) TAKE MORE EVERYDAY PHOTOS: I take a ton of photos at events and on vacations, but I am seriously lacking when it comes to the everyday. I will start by doing it for a week and see how it goes. 

3) BE BRAVER: I won't say a lot about this one, except to say that I need to get out of my comfort zone. I've become much too complacent. I need to shake things up. 

4) TRY AND GET PUBLISHED: I will send my layouts to many magazines and see what happens. I'm focusing on the try part of this goal. Just putting myself out there will be a big accomplishment for me. 

1 comment:

Anne said...

I love these goals, Sara. September is so good for that. I always feel more new year-y in September than in January, and it's nice to have a fresh start in the fall.