Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Say Cheese (Again)

This was one of the six layouts I scrapped in record time for the challenges at Elle's Studio, as part of their new website launch. I'm not sure what happened, but everything was aligned, and I went with it.

The challenge was to layer. I don't think layering is one of my strongest scrapping skills, but it is something I really love to do. People like Marcy Penner and Allison Waken make layering look so effortless. I try to channel them when I'm tackling the layer.

I realized I don't have any Es left in any of my Thickers! Now, that's a predicament. I guess I'll be choosing titles based on the vowel needed. This time though, I really wanted to use "Say Cheese," so I used stamps. Oh, right, stamps. I always forget about those. I like how it turned out, so maybe I'll stick with this option in the future.

I was with my entire family only a few months ago, but I'm missing them terribly already. We won't be all together again until August and that seems like an eternity. And I don't want to wish for it to come faster because the summer will be almost over then and I don't want the summer to be over either. Yes, this is how my brain works. But this picture tides me over. I smile when I look at it. I never know what face I'll get from these four. It's always a surprise. For the most part, they give me smiles and I'm thankful for that.

I'm looking forward to taking a walk with a friend today. The weather has been just beautiful. What are you looking forward to today?

Thanks for stopping by!


Tammy said...

Sweet layout! I've been feeling the organizing bug much more than the creative bug lately, so yes, when you are feeling it you must go with it! I love the layered frame and the misting in the background. It turned out great! :)

Christina Collins said...

The layering is perfecto! Gorgeous work as usual.