Thursday, April 26, 2012

The 34 List

























When I turned 34 last October, I didn't really feel like making a list of things I'd like to accomplish during that year, like I have in years past. I was still looking for a job, and quite frankly was in a sad place. Making a list was too hopeful when I feeling lost of hope. But then a couple of weeks ago, I changed my mind. These last few months have flown by, and I haven't been in the moment nearly enough. I haven't been happy with how I've spent my time. I've learned that I need to plan, and be deliberate about how I spend my time, or stuff won't happen. In comes the list.

I have a lot to cram into these few months, but I'm up for it. I cheated a little too and added a few things I've already done.

Let's roll.

1| Visit James J. Hill house
2| See plays at four new theaters (One down, 3 to go)
3| See five movies in the theater (One down, 4 to go)
4| Go on a girls weekend for my 35th birthday
5| Take a class (writing, fitness, Archiver's)
6| Have my nieces over for the weekend
7| Buy a queen mattress (Check)
8| Hire a professional photographer to take photos during Rick Fest
9| Dance all night (Check)
10| Try three new restaurants
11| Go to a Lynx game
12| Make three new dishes (One down, 2 to go)
13| Major blog overhaul
14| Write lots of letters
15| Hang B&W photos
16| Grow out my hair (Check)
17| Play lots of tennis
18| Volunteer somewhere new
19| Go to a Josh Ritter concert
20| Get a mani and a pedi
21| Buy new plants
22| Finish organizing/scanning old photos
23| Take day trips to St. Peter and Northfield
24| Read my growing pile of books
25| Be fierce (ala Kal Barteski)
26| Take a trip to the North Shore
27| Get healthy
28| Join a nonprofit board or committee
29| Get a new comforter
30| Make new connections. Nurture the old ones.
31| Advocate on Capitol Hill (Check)
32| Do more for others. Look outside myself.
33| Start a Twitter account
34| Document it all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun list! Cute shirt, too:) Rach