Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ten on Tuesday (Thanksgiving Version)

















My whole family was together for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time. Here are the highlights.

1) The day started with a scare when my brother and niece took a trip to the ER. Thankfully, everyone is ok.

2) The food. Oh my, the food. Mom made an out of this world cranberry relish. My sister and brother-in-law made a delicious turkey, stuffing, corn, green beans, and gravy. Also, a tasty corn souffle and pumpkin pancakes. Not all in the same meal.

3) We played a lot of Uno, 500 and some old fashioned telephone.
















4) My youngest niece loved playing with her cousins' Pretty Ponies.
















5) M wrote and directed a fairytale movie and edited it in iMovie. I can't wait to see the final version.






















6) We enjoyed turkey induced naps.

7) There was quite a collection of desserts. Pumpkin pie, apple pie, french silk pie, chocolate birthday cake, and ginger snap cookies. I rolled myself home.

8) The kids played on the Wii. A loved the bowling. This picture cracks me up.






















9) We celebrated my Dad's 70th birthday. We invited his brother, sister-in-law and sister to dinner and it was a surprise. What fun!
















10) We gave my Dad a box full of 70 memories. All of us, including his siblings, wrote memories we had of him. I love this type of gift. After the kids were in bed, we popped open a bottle of champagne and Dad read through all of them. Each one sparked a neat conversation or an "Oh, yeah, I remember that." A whole new memory is made.

No comments: