Monday, May 21, 2012

My Favorites

Wow, I've been away for much longer than I thought possible. This is the longest since I started blogging a little over two years ago. I'm struggling with whether to keep coming back to this space or not. I'm definitely not as eager as I was when I first started. I want this space to be fun and inspirational and a place to document my life. I've lost some of that focus. I really hope I find it again! But I'm here today, and I'll take that for now.

During National Scrapbook Day (Weekend), Studio Calico had a bunch of different challenges. One was to use circles or triangles or stars, something graphic. I chose to use circles.
























I've used this design in the past and it is one of my favorites. It's super simple, but effective too. I just grab my scalloped circle punch and a few sheets of pretty paper. I'm using Amy Tan's Sketchbook collection on everything lately. The colors and designs are really inspiring me right now. I added embellishments to several of the circles; a brad, a label sticker, banners, a chipboard butterfly, and a "S" Thicker. I love how bright and fun this page is.

When I got to the list, I just sat down and wrote down the first 10 things that came to mind. I didn't over think it. If I did it again now, it would probably be a different list. This is just a snapshot. I then used my typewriter to put it on white cardstock. I made them pennants by just cutting the ends.

My Favorites--May 2012
Dark chocolate
West Wing episodes
Create everyday
Stripes
Brussels sprouts
Warm sunshine
Hot green tea

A couple close-ups




































Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm thankful for all my readers!

No comments: